Look ya'll! Two awards!
Friday, January 23rd, 2009
The Polka Dotted Owl over at The Magic Risotto Diaries awarded this to me. This is what is said about this fine award:
"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to three bloggers who must choose three more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."
Thank you, Polka Dotted Owl Girl! I love her because she keeps me young and has great music on her blog that takes me back to my hey day... She always has some kind of great 80's stuff playing.
And for the record, I had to look up the defintion of "self-aggrandizement" to be sure that I'm not that.... Is that a college word or what? The definition of self-aggrandizement is 'the act or practice of enhancing or exaggerating one's own importance, power, or reputation. I'm glad to know I'm not that. I mean, I can't be that since I was given this award and everything....
This is how behind I am in blogging ya'll. Not only was Polka Dotted Owl girl so sweet to honor me with this award, but she also honored me with one more:
The Honest Scrap Award, which was also given to me by Paige at Paige's Petals. Thanks, girls! I really enjoy both of your blogs and am honored that you thought about me! Okay, with the Honest Scrap Award comes some rules:
First, choose a minimum of seven blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Secondly, show the seven winners' names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Scrap". Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. Lastly, list at least ten honest things about yourself.
BecauseI have difficulty following the rules, I'm awarding four and combining the two awards together (I'm actually only doing 4 awards because a lot of you have already been awarded):
1. Painted Groove
2. The Pampered World
4. Am I Crazy, Really?
Ten Honest Things About Me:
- I'm a bather, not a shower-er (does this make sense ya'll?)
- I wore braces when I was 36 year old. I now know why braces were meant for 12-year-olds...
- I'm quite competitive when it comes to business. Go figure. Although I love being home and lounging about the farm, I will always be involved in running or owning my own business. It just gets my juices flowing for some reason....
- I'm eerily claustrophobic.
- I hate going to the grocery store.
- I consider myself open-minded.
- I would rather have one really nice thing than a bunch of trendy/fun things (clothes, jewelry, art, furniture, etc.)
- I'm a procrastinator. Give me a deadline and I REALLY procrastinate.
- I don't like to read directions. This drives Jack crazy, so he's the direction reader in the family. If I can't figure it out on my own, it must be broken or wrong....
- I have feet issues: (a). I don't want anybody's feet touching my feet. Please keep your feet to yourself. I don't want to see them or touch them. (b). I never walk around in bare feet, even in my own house. Walking around in bare feet could easily take me over the edge. (c). The last thing I do every night is put lotion on my feet. My feet can't go under the covers until they're all lotioned up. I sit on the edge of the bed, with my feet never touching the floor, and lotion up... (with Hummingbird No. 145 of course!) Ooops! Was that self-aggrandizement???
So see ya’ll… Not only do I have a ghost, but I’m neurotic to boot! I'm just weird. I might even be a passive aggrandizer...
< Go Back