What would the pilgrims do?
Wednesday, November 27th, 2013
So I thought I would actually do a post about Thanksgiving. Heck – why not? It is Thanksgiving Eve after all. Of course some may think Thanksgiving is now old news, being that we somehow have skipped this holiday and jumped right to Christmas.
I am quite certain that Christmas was far from the minds of the pilgrims on Thanksgiving Day, and I suppose they were simply thankful for surviving another year and for food to eat. And to imagine that nowadays we stress ourselves out over getting our Christmas trees up before Thanksgiving when they were stressed out about their next meal - if there would be one... For that reason, I still live by what I thought was a rule to begin with. I just can’t bring myself to decorate for Christmas until after Thanksgiving. It’s just me, to each his own.
- I’m thankful for my immediate and extended family’s health and mine. We all survived another year and believe me, it was a little touch and go there for a bit. We had two Life-Flights out of the farm this year!
- I’m thankful for the privilege of living at Hummingbird Farms.
- I’m thankful that as a nation we still have our freedom and as of today, for the most part, are protected by The Constitution. Most of all, I’m thankful for those that have fought and are currently fighting to allow us those freedoms.
- I am thankful I have many wonderful friends, and especially thankful for those whom I have had most of my life so I don’t have to explain so much to them. They just know….
- I’m thankful that I am an animal lover because they bring me so much joy in such an unconditional way.
- I’m thankful for shelter when I am cold, food when I am hungry, and water when I am thirsty.
- I’m thankful for my husband, my rock.
- I’m thankful I still have both my parents and sisters that know me better than anyone.
- I’m thankful I know how to roast a fantastic turkey.
- And – just because it’s okay to be thankful for frivolous stuff (and I am human after all), I am thankful for the absolutely, most wonderful birthday gift that my husband gave me this year. I had always wanted it, never thought I would get it, and it makes me feel very special everyday that I wear it.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
< Go Back